The Bean Pot Diva

Featuring Celebrating Home Bean Pots and original Bean Pot recipes!

Testimonials

Forum Home > Bean Pot (Recipes) > Chicken and Cheese with Stuffing

owitt
Site Owner

The great thing about having a bean pot is coming up with and trying your own recipes. So, the other night, I knew I was going to make a chicken dish for dinner- but what was I going to do with it? I decided to try my own concoction (something my sister is famous for) and planned to order pizza if something went wrong. Hey- every girl needs a back-up plan. :)

First, I sprayed the inside of the bean pot with cooking spray (this is a MUST to assist with easy clean-up). Next, I drizzled some olive oil over the chicken (in a prep tray) and sprinkled it with salt, pepper, rosemary, paprika and garlic powder. I let the chicken marinate at room temp. for about an hour.

While the chicken was marinating, I prepared two servings of stuffing on the stove top, as directed. I spooned the stuffing into the bean pot, and then placed the split chicken breast on top. I then sprinkled dry stuffing mix over top of the chicken and sprayed it with cooking spray.

I placed the bean pot into a pre-heated 350 degree oven for about forty five minutes. When the timer went off, I removed the bean pot and placed two pieces of sliced provolone cheese over the stuffing topped chicken. I placed the lid on the bean pot and let it rest for five to six minutes.

When I remeoved the lid, the cheese was melted and had dripped down into the stuffing. Mmm!

My husband and I each plated ourselves a piece of chicken, a serving of stuffing, and a serving of steamed broccoli.

The chicken was so delicious! It was tender and juicy- and the stuffing crunch covered with cheese on top was perfect with every bite! The stuffing underneath the chicken stayed moist, and was a delicious side to the chicken.

We will definitely be having this meal again! Try it and tell me what you think about it!

February 8, 2010 at 3:24 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Subscribe To Our Site

Share on Facebook

Share on Facebook