The Bean Pot Diva

Featuring Celebrating Home Bean Pots and original Bean Pot recipes!

Testimonials

Forum Home > Bean Pot (Recipes) > Bean Pot BBQ Chicken Recipe Review

owitt
Site Owner

This recipe has quickly become one of my husband's favorites. We've made this dish a couple of times, and have really enjoyed it.

What could be easier than splitting a chicken breast (if you're cooking for 1 or 2), placing them in the bean pot, dumping BBQ sauce all over it, and then baking it?

*I did cover the chicken with bbq sauce while it was still in the ziplock bag, and let it sit out at room temp for a couple of hours before putting it into the bean pot- for extra flavor!

I love the bean pot, because any meat you bake in it is going to cook in its own juices- so chicken especially comes out fork tender, juicy and delicious. If you're as finicky about chicken as I am (if it's not just right, I won't eat it), the bean pot is the perfect solution for you- it takes all the guess work out of the chicken baking game.

When we have this dish, we also make cornbread in a cast iron skillet, and serve a vegetable side.

The chicken comes out moist and very flavorful each and every time- and as always with the bean pot, clean up is a breeze.

We give this recipe an 8.5 out of 10, and recommend that you try it! :)

--
February 2, 2010 at 11:34 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Subscribe To Our Site

Share on Facebook

Share on Facebook